Each collection agent at Scheer, Green, and Burke, L.P.A., is ready to handle all of your collection requests and needs.
- In many circumstances, the fear of prompt and substantial legal action results in recovery of outstanding obligations with or without a law suit.
- We recognize that knowing when and how to settle a case is a valuable skill. We have a talented and experiences staff working on accounts to maximize recovery.
- Numerous collection agencies and clients refer us cases they are unable to collect.
At Scheer, Green, and Burke, L.P.A., we have extensive experience in all forms and types of collections, as well as dealing with the collection needs of various types of businesses, corporations, organizations, Government Agencies, and other entities, such as:
- Red Light/Speed Collection
- Government Collections
- Tax Collection
- Police Collection
- Fire Collection
- Utilities Collections
- Retail Collections
- Medical Billing Collections
- Dental Billing Collections
- Legal Collection
Our Collection Methods Include:
- A series of letters instituting the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act that are extremely effective to get the attention of debtors.
- If the letters do not resolve the case, or initiate voluntary payment plans, we use an outstanding computer system developed to accurately help our collection efforts. This includes letters, lawsuits, court motions and day-to-day occurrences on each file to better serve you.
- If a lawsuit is filed, the debtor's credit is tainted. This initiates payment. A lawsuit also causes the debtor to contact us, sometimes through representation, to resolve the debtor's suit.
- If a lawsuit does not cause the resolution of a claim and we get a judgment against the defendant, our office actively uses the following techniques:
- Garnishment of wages. This allows us to take 25% of a person's take home pay (after standard deductions). A garnishment lasts 6 months or until the debt is paid-in-full. Garnishments are stacked by employers based on timely filing. Therefore, it is imperative to actively pursue files. Our law office adds new files to our system the day we receive them.
- Non-Wage Garnishment. This is a bank attachment. The bank is ordered to pay to the court the amount in the account up to the amount of the judgment.
- Lien on Debtor's Real Estate. We place a lien on any real estate the debtor owns. This is accomplished by taking a certificate of judgment to the county in which the debtor owns property.
- Debtor Examination. Our office has instituted a new and beneficial procedure by using the post-judgment debtors examination or proceeding in aid. It allows our office to summon the debtor(s) to court and gain valuable information about the debtors assets. It has also been successful to set up payment arrangements for unpaid debts.
- Index. We utilize all court help and past claims to find debtor's assets.
For over 70 years this formula has proven to be a successful formula in representing our collection client's interests and legal rights. We also believe it is a comfort to many of our clients knowing their collection case can be professionally handled from start to finish by calling one company, having their collections case or legal claim remain in one office, avoiding the typical miscommunication on collection actions by dealing with multiple agencies and/or law firms.
We are committed to responding to all phone calls, letters, and other forms of communication on the same day in which they are received by our office.
Collection services requires a balancing between appropriate and focused actions. At the same time, Scheer, Green, and Burke, L.P.A., makes sure to protect each of our client's reputation and rights regarding any collection action.
Contact Scheer, Green, and Burke, L.P.A., at 419.243.2283 to schedule a confidential consultation regarding your Collections issues.
Louisiana Collection Services for Businesses, Corporations, Organizations, Government Agencies, and other entities in Louisiana and throughout the United States
Contact Scheer, Green, & Burke, L.P.A., today at